Color temperature?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color temperature?

Is there anywhere anyone who measured the white color temperature of flashlights for valid results? i would like to see the how many kelvin different flashlights have and the real difference between cool and neutral flashlights, or at least a spectral color graph to see which colors the LEDs contain, maybe it is somewhere in the specs of the LEDs itself, i just cant find it, when looking for temperature i only find overheating tests
    Last edited by tigfur; 02-07-2016, 07:58 AM.

There is too much sample variation to give absolute numbers I guess

Comment

well even if there was a big variation it would still be better than nothing xD

Comment

Originally posted by Abandoned View Post
        There is too much sample variation to give absolute numbers I guess
        I'm not so sure ... most of the cool white LEDs used by Thrunite seem to be consistently the same tint (yellow/green) with little variation between samples. Also, the neutral white tints tend to be a bit orange. They are both 'ok' I guess, but would definitely prefer something a bit closer to 'daylight'.

Comment

nbrus is correct, the TN units I've read about all have a yellow green tint. I'm a photographer, and use a color chart in a darker room, I photograph the colour chart using my 36 UT as sole illumination, then correct the tint by adding a middle orange gel filter over the end of my snoot. A snoot is a light focussing tube used for light painting in night photography. I would also like a color filter kit to fit over the business end of my 36UT to allow me to both correct for LED color temperature and to add different tints to the light as an a way to vary my light painting.

Comment

Working...
          X